Monday, December 30, 2013

Reflections...



  Setting goals is not something I am good at. Saying what your New Years Resolution will be is an easy thing to do, but it stick with it is the hard part. So in figuring out what mine our this year, I have to reflect back on the things that happened last year. I will be more creative this year. I can't photograph cheer, (only at the comps) and that has taken away a lot of my creativity. I would come up with ideas, and test them out a cheer, different camera settings, different way of shooting, or just experimenting with some of the girls who love to have their picture taken. So since that is gone, I need to come up with new ways so stay creative, and get myself out of the slump that I feel as if I am in. I also need to come up with new ways to advertise, since it seems that a lot of the interaction with my page came from cheer photo's, and I have noticed that the bookings and hits on my page have gone down. But, as with everything else, I believe in fate, that everything happens for a reason, I might not see it now, but I'm sure 2014 will hold the answers.
  I will blog more, I will put more of an effort to network with other photographers.
  I will finish my 365 this year, and not quit before the end of January.
    I feel very lucky to have been blessed with a daughter who dances to the beat of her own drum. She has a lot of things to deal with. But in the grand scheme of things, I count my blessings every day, Because things could be much worse. If she does have Celiac, then it can be managed and life will go on. If not, then we just have to dig a bit deeper to find out whats wrong with her stomach. She is a strong little girl, and has been through a lot, and we have dealt with that, and we will deal with this to.
   As for quitting smoking, I say that every year, hasn't worked out to well for me.
   The changes that I made in 2013 was the best thing that I ever did. I see a difference in Faith because I am home more, and not tired all the time. I see A difference in me, by having a normal sleep pattern, I do not have the headaches all the time like I use to, and I have not been sick once since I left my old job! (Not jinxing myself, but it's the longest time i've gone without being sick in awhile!)
   I will laugh more, Have more Faithie and Mommy days, will wake up early and photograph the sunrise at least once.
  I will not take things for granted, things can change in the blink of an eye, so I must remember that.

 
   So reflecting back on 2013, It was a year of change, some for the good, and some for the bad, but as with anything else, we have to go with the flow…..
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment