Saturday, August 31, 2013

Letter to our children September 2013



Dear Faith,
   I have been thinking a lot lately about my best friend that I had when I was growing up. I don't know why, I haven't thought about her in a long time. Her name was Jamie and she lived right next door to me. We lived in a duplex, and her window was right across from mine. When we were forced to come in at night, we would talk forever to each other from across the way. It was a different time then, our parents were able to kick us outside and we were told to come home when the street lights came on. I lived on a dead end street that was surrounded by woods, so we spent endless hours exploring.
   But times are different, at least they are where we live, so kicking you outside to roam on your own is pretty much hard to do in our neighborhood. But I like to think that I make up for that, your far from a couch potato!
   Which brings me to the point of my letter. Tonight your best friend Makayla spent the night. Watching you two play reminded me so much of me and Jamie. The fact that you both are so silly and goofy together. That you two find the same things funny and can laugh at pretty much anything. That in cheer you two support and motivate each other. A best friend is hard to find, and it is so important to hang onto them. When I was little and was told we would be moving, I was so excited. It was an adventure to me, but what I did not realize then, was that I was loosing my best friend that I would never see again. The point is, when you find someone that you can be silly with, don't take that friendship for granted, hang on to it as tight as you can.


I am very grateful to be part of this amazing blog circle, Please take a moment and follow the circle, start ing with http://www.hollystrebelphotography.com/?p=869










14 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so sweet and I'm sure your daughter will treasure them...Beautiful job!! :)

Candace Chitwood said...

I love the mustaches, so funny!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so great. Love the letter to your daughter!!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love! The letter is so sweet and the images are amazing!

Samantha Sinchek Photography said...

Awww, what sweet memories to capture for your daughter. I love the letter too!

Elizabeth Ordonez said...

How sweet. This is such a great way to capture childhood.

Unknown said...

What adorable best friends! I love all of these photos - the colors, the events, the silliness of the mustaches - it's all so perfect for childhood and BFFs. They will both treasure these forever.

Robin Kelm Photography said...

What a beautiful letter to your daughter with memories of your own childhood. I love these images, she will look back on these one day!

Angela L. said...

I love the ones at the beach! Great expressions too.

Gretchen said...

wow, what a sweet letter to your daughter and a beautiful memory that you shared. Thanks for telling your story!

Lana said...

Great letter accompanied with beautiful images

Kerri said...

The letter and images are wonderful!

Tricia Ebarvia said...

I love how our children have a way of also making us get back in touch with ourselves. :) What beautiful images to accompany the letter, too!

Emily said...

Beautiful pictures!

Post a Comment